Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autoscopy

The reason I chose smoke, a snow leopard, and a mildly revealing photo of myself for my autoscopy was to kind of represent my mindset from when I was still in high school. My mom had to move to another country for a while during the beginning of my high school years due to her new job. She wasn't able to reunite with us until after I've already graduated. I was surrounded by a lot of men during that time because of her absence, especially my dad, so I didn't know how to act incredibly "ladylike". I was also in bad relationships. I was put down a lot and often criticized about how I don't look "sexy" or "like a girl" that much. I wouldn't say I was completely depressed, but my self-esteem was rock bottom and I felt alone often. Because of that, I've tried to channel into my sensuality a lot. I didn't know any better since the only female role models I had were those on the media. I chose the snow leopard because felines usually represent femininity and because they're populations are isolated within the colder regions. The smoke is because I got caught up with drugs later on... Ha. Just kidding. This was getting too deep for a minute. The smoke was to represent my blurred perception of myself back then.


Original Photo





GIF Uploads


0%, 15.8 MB


25%, 31.2 MB


50%, 55.2 MB


75%, 117 KB


100%, 305

No comments:

Post a Comment